AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

copy machines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 1/27/2007 07:54 (#95106 - in reply to #94822)
Subject: RE: copy machines

No question, I'd use a multi-function device. Even as a stand-alone copier in most cases......but who doesn't need at least a fax machine? And who can't use a scanner from time to time? :)

I've been using Brother devices lately, although I've been an HP fan for years and still run a HP 2200D printer as my main workhorse. After buying a MFC 8860DN and being delighted with it, I bought a few 7820's on sale for $239.00 for individual users. (edit: the 8860 runs just over $400)

I would absolutely get laser-level, not ink. Anything needing a copy needs it to be toner--not ink...... unless you don't really care about your copy quality, and only do a few copies a month.

Brother has vastly improved their sheetfeeder over the past few years.

These have an ethernet port and are fax/flatbed color scanner/sheetfeed color scanner/laser printer/copier devices. They will connect to a network as a stand-alone device, or they will connect to individual computers using a USB cable.

The copy function works excellent, and the 8860DN has recently taken Editors Choice awards at PC Magazine.

The sheetfeeded is slightly awkward when using the flatbed to copy as the sheetfeed unit is part of the lid, but if you have multiple copies, put them in the sheetfeed tray. You'll be glad you have the sheetfeed tray if you ever do multiple copies.

bil works for HP in their multi-function/copier department (engineer-type), and says their copy machines are simply higher-priced, disabled multi-function devices (statement made a couple of years ago). Seems companies will spend more on a stand-alone copier than a MFC device, so HP obliges; disabling the extra features, and raising the prices up a bit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16828113008

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16828113190

Edited by Chip 1/27/2007 21:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)