AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another generic GPS to Greenstar Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 1/6/2007 17:51 (#83889)
Subject: Another generic GPS to Greenstar Question

West Tennessee
I've got a 9610 combine with the silver wedge box processor. I want to use the yield monitor (not necessarily mapping at this time) but apparently it doesn't work right without a GPS signal. At least that's what I understand, since me nor the tech from Deere can make it work without one. It shows a yield and the moisture is accurate, but the yield is just crazy. Anyway I want to hook a garmin or magellan handheld gps (doesn't matter which) to this thing. I know someone said that they had hooked a garmin 76 to theirs before. My question is, how did you know that the gps would output the correct info for the greenstar? I researched the old posts, so I know what's supposed to be in the output. I've borrowed a magellan gps and it is very vague on what it outputs as is their website. The setup menu doesn't give you many options either. Should I just buy one that someone else knows works? I liked the looks of the Garmin 60cx and 70cx, but if I can use something cheaper that's ok. I really can't see where I'm going to use this thing for much else like I thought I might. Thanks BH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)