AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric motor connections, what is your favorite?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 4/26/2024 20:20 (#10719306 - in reply to #10718995)
Subject: RE: Electric motor connections, what is your favorite?

just a tish NE of central ND
I don't think it's all about your favorite connection. My 2 cents, take it for what it's worth. There is a safety factor in there. (and code) etc,etc, It should be more about the "right connection" You need an electrician with knowledge of wiring requirements whether you lay cords or hardwire.....Discuss you needs and options with him an eliminate a LOT of headaches and to make a safe workable system. None of it is going to come cheaply to do things right but that's the only way it gets done right. THE plugs should match the amperage needs of the draw. The amperage draw should match the wiring and those 2 things need to match the breaker and the service box/ feeder line/ and transformer capabilities and THERE is a reason for different blade designs of those plugs. Its to NOT plug the wrong sized loads into the wrong amperage breakers and wiring.
<<<<< No wonder it's hard to get ahold of an electrician>>>>
.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I can't hardly imagine what kind of boogered together wire-ing messes our electricians have to work with when they get called out to our farms to fix stuff that is all hokey pokey-ed together to make stuff work at the spur of the moment and on the cheap.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 4/26/2024 20:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)