AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does one deal with cancer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

barren
Posted 4/4/2024 04:09 (#10692991 - in reply to #10692481)
Subject: RE: How does one deal with cancer

Glasgow, Ky

Additional input on your situation.  About a year ago a good friend of mine was diagnosed with bone cancer and put on a high powered regimen.  He lived a ways from me and had not seen him for awhile.  Went to see him and he looked like death warmed over.  Weighed less than 120 lbs, down from 190 or so.  Had been in the hospital with pneumonia and almost died due to his immune system being destroyed by the treatment. He was unable to get out of bed and I didn't think he would make it much longer.  We talked about it and he decided to quit taking treatments against his doctors advice.    
Fast forward and about 3 months later he was up to 160 lbs and out driving in his pickup occasionally.  He decided to go back on chemo but at half rate.  Told the doctors if he started  losing weight again he was done taking treatments.  Thus far things are still going well. This is just an isolated example but, through the years, I have become skeptical of the medical profession when it comes to cancer treatments for advanced stages of the disease.  They might address one problem but can create others.     

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)