AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Power beyond on 8430 row crop tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/29/2024 09:28 (#10685208 - in reply to #10684774)
Subject: RE: Power beyond on 8430 row crop tractor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I think you should be fine with that arrangement. As you said, SCV #1 will be in the DOWN position to run the CCS fan which should open up the pump enough to run the hydraulic drive.

In that regard, I've wired in a switch for the CCS fan in case we don't want it to run. Running SCV #1 in float would accomplish that also but the switch works fine. Our planter is a bit unusual since it has the regular 1.6 bushel boxes and CCS. This means for a test, we can shut the CCS fans off and run the boxes empty. Put the test variety in the boxes old style and plant them out. Then flip the CCS fan back On to switch back to the seed in the CCS tanks.

When I installed external steering valves on our older Deere 8xxx's, one line is a Load Sense line since power beyond is used for the hydraulic source for the external steering valve. In other words the Load Sense is being tripped up all the time just in case the flow is needed for the external valve when using Auto Steer.

At first this bothered me as it seemed like the potential flow was being "wasted" when not using auto steer. Maybe it is but I've run them that way for many years without a problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)