AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Power beyond on 8430 row crop tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MidMOfarmer
Posted 3/27/2024 22:37 (#10683480)
Subject: Power beyond on 8430 row crop tractor

We have 4 remotes on our 8430 and need 5 remotes to run the 1790 planter. In the past we've always ran both vacuums off one remote with the splitter valve. Im tired of that and would like to run the vacuums separately. A 5th remote isn't out of the question but it seems like using the power beyond will be much cheaper but weve never used it on any tractor before.

I searched on here and came to the conclusion that I don't need load sense(and don't want it because it runs the power beyond outlet at full flow all the time?). I will be hooking the hydraulic drive the power beyond. Vacuums will run constant, and one remote will run the CCS blower in constant when the planter is down. I saw one post that said the power beyond will have something like 450 psi at all times and then ramp up to 2900 psi when an SCV is engaged, is this correct? I'd rather it be completely shut off until I turn on an SCV so there isn't oil flowing in case I were to blow a hose or O-ring and have it leaking while going down the road or while sitting there idling while filling, etc.

Would I just need numbers 4, 7, and 15 in the picture to make this work? Maybe switch it up and put a male an female coupler on the tractor so it can't be mixed up which hose gets hooked to where.

(powerbeyond (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments powerbeyond (full).jpg (131KB - 41 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)