AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Power beyond on 8430 row crop tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/28/2024 07:48 (#10683732 - in reply to #10683572)
Subject: RE: Power beyond on 8430 row crop tractor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
WCGrad - 3/28/2024 05:42

That is what we do have vacs on 3 and 4 and the hydraulic drive on the power beyond. You are correct no load sense line needed

The reason no load sense is required is because you are "using" SCV's 3 & 4 for the vac motors. By being used, those SCV's are providing load sense to keep the pump stroked up and providing adequate flow for themselves and Power Beyond for the hydraulic drive. This works out fine since you would always be running the Vac fans when ever you need flow for power beyond for the hydraulic drive on the planter.

If you had a different situation where no SCV's were being used, then a load sense line would be needed to inform the system that adequate flow is needed for Power Beyond. Of course if that was the situation, you might be able to use an unused SCV and not be concerned about Power Beyond.

I used Power Beyond on a Deere 7700 tractor and planter. A small extra third line was tee'd off of the pressure hose leading to the Vac pump. This small line plugged into the tractor with an odd small coupler to the Load Sense Port. The Vac fan ran whenever the tractor was running which was fine.

One day I forgot to connect up the small Load Sense hose. When I started the tractor, the Vac fan did not run. The reason being nothing was informing the system that flow was needed.

When I moved the SCV to change the height of the planter, the Vac fan started turning. When I moved the SCV back to center, the Vac fan stopped again. The reason this happened was that by using the SCV, it provided Load Sense internally through its valve which caused the pump to produce flow to adjust the height of the planter and provide flow out the Power Beyond port to run the fan. When I moved the SCV back to neutral, the Load Sense through the SCV disappeared and the pump went to low output. Plugging the small Load Sense line in as usual provided constant Load Sense and the pump produced high flow whenever running.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)