AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Leg Tower Foundation Design Cost - SW Michigan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 3/28/2024 08:38 (#10683826 - in reply to #10683535)
Subject: RE: Grain Leg Tower Foundation Design Cost - SW Michigan

Nw Iowa
Our newest one if I remember (. 10 years ago) a block size of tower plus a foot around, than about 4 to 6 ft deep and below that had a REA truck with a 18” auger drill 6 holes another 4 or 6’ below that. Had a pre made rerod structure that sat over the hole with some self leveling jacks so we could keep rerod structure straight when we poured it. Worked well. The leveling structure sat above forms and got moved to next job after we were done. We have two other towers and both of them sit on a small basement with tower attached to the walls and they are both close to 40 years old and have bigger than designed legs in then now. Another neighbor had a wind storm go thru and snapped the tower off at mounting bolts so your rerod and mounting just as important.
The 10 yr old project we did was companies recommendations, no other engineering. Correct way is soil borings and usually if poorer soil some kind of cement pilings. We did another one about 3 years ago for smaller legs, different company, and that was just holes drilled down and a cap on top for mounting structure to it. I wasn’t there when that one was poured, we poured the one I described above our selves.

Edited by jdironman 3/28/2024 08:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)