AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Leg Tower Foundation Design Cost - SW Michigan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rslohs
Posted 3/27/2024 22:03 (#10683438)
Subject: Grain Leg Tower Foundation Design Cost - SW Michigan

SW MI
Have a used ~7500 BPH 120' grain leg going up and the 110' 10x10 Brownie Tower that was around it originally. Look to be around 1992 manufacturing dates. Called AGI but they can't provide the specs for that tower due to age I guess. I've read through a lot of the posts on here and the different approaches to building a foundation. By my rough calculations I've seen 20x20x8 solid blocks that would run almost $20K just for the concrete and other designs with a poured pad, columns, then a poured cap at a much cheaper cost. Hope to get another 30 years out of this so I'd like to find the right balance between cost and longevity.

For anyone who has had the soil testing and foundation engineered in the last few years, would you be willing to share the cost? I've called a few engineering firms found via google and admittedly am a bit sticker shocked. I haven't paid for engineering like this before so maybe this is the cost. If anyone has used a firm they'd recommend around SW MI I'd appreciate any referral as well. Thanks.

Edited by Rslohs 3/27/2024 22:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)