AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used vehicle loan rip off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Birddy
Posted 3/20/2024 17:15 (#10672995 - in reply to #10672190)
Subject: RE: Used vehicle loan rip off

ND

BacNBlak - 3/20/2024 04:14 About a year ago, I went with my 78 year old aunt to buy a used ford fiesta at a local dealership. The car was around $12k. I went to help with paperwork and make sure she wasn’t being sold any floor mat warranties or anything like that. Like most dealerships, they work with a number of banks and send the app out and see what comes back. All was well I thought. My aunt gave me a shuttle ride on the farm yesterday. I asked about the car and she asked me about the interest rate on the used F150 I recently bought. I told her I went through Navy Federal and it was 6.4% or something close to that. Hers was 8.x%. This is where it gets bad. The bank that got the loan was J P Morgan Chase. They charged her a $2,800 new account fee and added that to the principal of the loan. Her $12k car was now $15k. I’m livid. She didn’t know about this until the first payment showed up and says she didn’t say anything because she thought it was normal. I’m going to call the bank today for her but don’t know what to expect. Anyone ever heard of this type of predatory lending before? Think I’ll be able to get anywhere with the bank? Any ideas on a course of action I could take if (when) the bank tells me they can’t do anything about it?

Why in the world would your 78 year old aunt need a vehicle loan ?  You sure did not help her much, wow........

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)