AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is your entire identity a hard working farmer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 3/19/2024 18:18 (#10671810 - in reply to #10669857)
Subject: RE: Is your entire identity a hard working farmer?

Sidneyfarmer - 3/18/2024 10:14

barren - 3/18/2024 03:36

"Working to live" can be taken in more than one way.  Typically one thinks it means working to make a living.  As I have gotten older I realized it can mean staying active physically and mentally which can positively affect the quality and length of ones life.  Older farmers who continue working past the age many retire at does not necessarily mean they are work addicts or in it for the money. 

A real good friend of mine in Tennessee was poking fun at a guy who was riding bicycle for exercise one day. He said the guy was sure going to be surprised some day when he was laying on his death bed just like the rest of us. I told him, sure we're all going to die some day, but it's all about quality of life. Do you want to spend your last 20 years in a doctor's office or a nursing home, or do you want to be healthy and able to do whatever you want to? That's what some just don't understand. I'd rather be the one visiting the nursing home than the one laying there.
Yup, totally agree. Just turned 64, guessing I can do about 75% of what I could when I was 24. Work out every other morning, try to do 100 sit-ups every morning now. Made a goal to get down to 215 pounds this summer, I’ll be in playing shape if I get there. 25 pounds to go. I’d rather be seen than viewed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)