AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Related to downsizing farm and crp............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon
Posted 3/17/2024 20:02 (#10669115 - in reply to #10668550)
Subject: RE: Related to downsizing farm and crp............

Callao Missouri
The problem i have with crp is it forced people that pay federal income taxes on their hard earned wages to support people who signed up crp that produces nothing.

Take for instance a fellow that works in the factory at Macon. He goes to work collects his check with with holdings taken out. That fellow probably doesn't own anything more than a car and a half paid for house at best. But crp required his tax money to be re distributed to someone who wasn't smart enough to find something to do with the land, and forced it upon johny paycheck.

Or the government has to borrow the money to pay the crp which again produces nothing.

Crp also puts a falce floor under land price. The net present value of that parcel reflects its production. If indeed its worthless it needs to be valued as such. If it is pasture it needs to be valued as pasture. Not as row crop ground paid by the government.

Anyway as a member of the Macon county fsa committee my vote is never in favor of crp anytime something comes up that we as committee men have control over.

If i ever make it to Jefferson City, or Washington DC, crp will be on my chopping block anytime the opportunity presents itself. If you don't like it, don't vote for me . Hahaha
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)