AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used Uber this morning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 3/17/2024 09:50 (#10668349 - in reply to #10668108)
Subject: RE: Used Uber this morning

central - east central Minnesota -

1953farmer - 3/17/2024 06:52 Miami Hilton. Used the Uber app. Typed in Miami airport and hit Uber XXL because we had 4 people and lots of bags. The app. said a Yukon was one minute away and would cost $36.00. Hit confirm. It then shows a picture of the license plate. Our credit card was on file with them which has to be to use the app. After we unloaded got a receipt with an opportunity to give them a tip. You then can rate the driver. It is so easy. No cash changes hands. Just load and go. 

Yes, pretty easy to use. I found, that if you reserve an Uber for future (day or longer ahead), it charges more then last minute reservation (with in an hour or so). I generally tip with cash - I'm not sure how Uber works as far as the driver getting paid. I figure Uber gets no part of the Tip with handling fees, if it's cash from my pocket (again, I'm not sure how the pay works from Uber to the drivers). On our recent vacation - our credit card was hacked and someone ran up $3500 in charges, purchasing from Amazon . .we now will get a credit card with a max of $500 month. Amazon pretty much sucks to try and report fraudulent charges too . . . . but that's a different story. 
Uber / Lyft are pretty good - but, since all drivers are independent contractors, there are times the drivers can actually lose money on a trip (depending on where the trip ends, traffic, time, delays etc).  I'm surprised someone doesn't have an app that allows ride-share, without the parent company taking a big portion of the ride price . . . . .. Or, maybe there is ? ? ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)