AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carnivore diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

M&A
Posted 3/17/2024 14:08 (#10668665 - in reply to #10666777)
Subject: RE: Carnivore diet

Spring Grove MN
I had at least 15 autoimmune issues when I ran across Mikahlia Peterson's TedX talk in January 2022. I was not digesting my food and my body was falling apart in so many areas. Dr's never saw any correlation in my miscellaneous symptoms and could not see that they were all connected. I was done with the medical world as I felt they had completely failed me and never wanted to hear me. I had to find a solution on my own if I was ever going to get better.

I decided in April after a colonoscopy to check for celiac that regardless of the results I would try carnivore for at least a month. I figured I would have everything cleared out so I might as well start fresh. Within the 1st week, I lost 16 lbs. I went to my chiropractor that week and she said it was like I lost 16 lbs of inflammation. I have been carnivore since April of 2022. I can't cheat because the reactions I have are ridiculous. When I first started I was eating cheese but after 10 months and continued boils that would not go away I decided to give up cheese and see what happened. The boils left and will stay away as long as I stay away from dairy. I have tried fresh pears and apples in the fall since I have unsprayed trees. Our pears trees produced fruit the first fall I was a carnivore so I felt I had to try it. Every time I eat fruit I get boils and my entire body starts falling apart again. My symptoms range from candida infections, boils, painful, bleeding receded gums, rib dislocations (like 4 or 5 ribs at a time for no reason at all), and insane weight gain. I've figured out that I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome(MCAS). They run together and both fit me to a T.

Carnivore has made my body stronger, my mind clearer, increased my confidence to the point I don't recognize myself, and all of my autoimmune symptoms are GONE as long as I stay on the diet. It's a miracle blessing from God for me!!

My body is very sensitive and can not handle change due to the MCAS. I finally found a way to live that allows me to have a normal healthy life for the most part if I follow the carnivore lifestyle. I've lost over 60 lbs without trying. I am a 42, 5ft 8in and my starting weight was 219. Carnivore has changed my life! My husband and I joke that if I ever want to commit suicide I will just go to our local Pizza Ranch and eat everything I used to love. I know that Carnivore has saved my life and I have no choice, but to remain carnivore for the rest of my life. I really want to get back to eating dairy products someday, but for now, I know I can't. I will do small experiments from time to time to see if my body is healed enough to add cheese back. When I first started I really enjoyed homemade heavy whipping cream for a desert. Two weeks ago, I tried to add it in a by eating a little each night for a week straight. After 1 week, I gained 10 lbs and my whole body looked and felt bloated. I've been off of it for almost a week and I'm down 4lbs just this weekend. I know I'll get back to my body's happy weight in the coming weeks so I'm not worried. Just goes to show our diets have a huge effect on us.

Amy

Edited by M&A 3/17/2024 14:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)