AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Handling seed tote bags
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/15/2024 03:49 (#10665543 - in reply to #10665493)
Subject: RE: Handling seed tote bags

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Here's what I use, bought two of them long time ago. Only way I seed with here. Used to handle bulk seed into grain truck, auger or bucket into drills. Bought this, only buy seed in totes now. I saw a ad for them purchased off internet from a farm back east that was selling them. Looks to about the same price on Amazon today. It just cuts into bag, threading into it. However we take a peice of bale twine, made a needle for it. Sew twine into bag where you want to install filler.

Thread twine into the filler up close, then shut the shut off slide. Cut into bag threading it as you go. Once installed on bag, thread twine down into flexible spout leaving tail out of it. Then open slide to fill drill. As seed come out the cut out round peice of bag will flow out with grain on bale twine. Then pick it out of grain drill. We had a cut circle of bag flow out, get in drill and shut off a seed opener once. We didn't see it flow out into drill. So just sewing a twine on it before cutting into bag sloved the problem. Just remember to untwist filler tube if setting tote on ground in between fills. It just twist locks on and off.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 3/15/2024 03:53

(Screenshot_20240315_023750_Chrome (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20240315_023750_Chrome (full).jpg (120KB - 15 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)