AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dishwasher " discusion"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 3/14/2024 15:40 (#10664906 - in reply to #10664774)
Subject: RE: Dishwasher " discusion"

East of Broken Bow
When I load our dishwasher, I don't 'nest' things. My wife does, and gets more dishes in there, but I have far less things that need re-washing.
One thing I learned is don't argue with how your wife fills the dishwasher.
You won't win the argument, and you run the risk of losing the argument and having to do all the dishes, as well.

As to water use, a modern dishwasher is limited to how much water it can use per cycle (one reason dishes don't always get clean) and in many cases will use less water than hand washing. I know we don't wash a sink full of dishes in 3.5 gallons of water when we do it by hand.

(Another thing to consider is why worry if it takes a gallon more water or not as long as the dishes come out clean. I see you are in IA, and tile lines drain millions of gallons of ground water out to the river every year, so I can't see how pumping a couple gallons a day more out of your well is doing any harm).

https://ecocostsavings.com/how-much-water-does-a-dishwasher-use/#:~:...

Based on 601 dishwashers, below you’ll find how much water dishwashers use, which dishwasher uses the least amount of water in 2024, and how hand washing water usage compares.

Spoilers:

Modern dishwashers use 3.22 gallons of water per cycle on average, while old models can use over 16 gallons;
The most common dishwasher water usage is 3.5 gallons per cycle;
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)