AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Indian tacos- delicious
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FarmerTom4440
Posted 3/13/2024 08:41 (#10663393 - in reply to #10662853)
Subject: RE: Indian tacos- delicious

farmgirl - 3/12/2024 19:59

Maybe one of the Utah guys can elaborate on this. This summer, we were on Rt. 12 going to Rt. 24 in Utah. Or vice versa. At the intersection of these two highways was a very delipitaded looking shanty or make shift shelter. Anyway they had a sign that said Indian tacos. We headed down the highway and I said,”at the next town I would like to try some Indian tacos”. He turned around saying we probably wouldn’t find them anywhere else. I was so glad, they were terrific. It was an older Indian lady and her Mother. Mom was making the fry bread, daughter everything else. It was excellent food prepared by good people in a very humble setting. We got to visit with a retired Indian couple, he was so very proud that he had retired from a local factory after many years of employment, had raised four successful daughters who were scattered across the US. I loved the experience! This was shortly after seeing a fellow agtalkers’ cattle in the middle of the highway! The cattle had dulops , or some such thing! Ha!ha! The things you learn on AgTalk!

Glad you enjoyed them. Our tribal member friend loves to cook and it was quite evident in just the Indian tacos she prepared and then even drove out to deliver them in person. It wasn't until eating hers that we learned how awesome they can be. I won't be trying any fast food versions sold in the bigger cities. Those are sure to be a let down after having the real deal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)