AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Indian tacos- delicious
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FarmerTom4440
Posted 3/12/2024 12:36 (#10662497)
Subject: Indian tacos- delicious

Think it was last year we bought some Indian tacos from a church fund raiser dinner. I was grateful but didn't enjoy them at all. After eating one of those I was hardly interested in trying some that a small convenience store occasionally has for sale. But then a family friend prepared some that were amazingly good. She makes the fried bread from scratch and does her own version of the meat filling. There are additional ingredients. That kind lady totally changed my thoughts and opinions of Indian tacos. Told family we had better stay on good terms with her now that we know how excellent those tacos are she prepares. Ha.

Wish I had the recipe to share here, Her version must be a little different than others. Definitely makes a difference on the outcome when love is added to the recipe as well as a passion for cooking.

Do different tribes have different versions of Indian tacos or is that something only a select few have in their cuisine? Think a tribe in Utah commonly serves fried bread. Convenience stores on the reservation have the fried bread for sale. I've no idea if there are similarities across tribes with food items.

Edited by FarmerTom4440 3/12/2024 12:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)