AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wal-Mart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/10/2024 17:53 (#10660334 - in reply to #10659459)
Subject: RE: and Home Depot

southern MN
I was just sad to see HD being such a dismal experience, when in the past it was a fun place to go. Perhaps it was just a bad day for them or me, but seemed fundamentally different.

20-30 years ago I would go to a Menards, and I might have been the smartest person in the building - and I’m not bragging about me…. The workers back then meant well and were pleasant, but didn’t know anything about hardware or lumber. That has sure changed, anyhow in the couple stores around me. Very good people there now.

Target used to be my wife’s go-to store. But they got in $$$ trouble and part of their bail out was to close our local store and changed direction to a more urban or youth feel. So even if we get to a town with a Target, wife has no interest in going in any more.

Walmart I was always fine with, but the isles are more crowded, piled up with stuff in the way, and there really are some different personalities there. As I age I fine I have less desire to gather up stuff on a Walmart or target store, so I hardly get there myself any more.

We are lucky to have 2 good quality grocery stores in town, I’ve never cared for the layout or selection of groceries in Walmart. I think they do now, but when they opened here Walmart did not carry Wheaties, so wife really never went back to the grocery side of the store. If you don’t carry the basic needs…..

We get our Wheaties from Menards. It is kind of a strange world we live in.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)