AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wal-Mart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sidneyfarmer
Posted 3/10/2024 09:35 (#10659763 - in reply to #10659599)
Subject: RE: Wal-Mart

Sheridan Mi
Tomcat - 3/10/2024 07:29

GM Guy - 3/9/2024 21:27 I file spending money with Wal Mart the same as spending money with John Deere. I try to avoid it at all costs for moral reasons. I'm happy if I can count on one hand how many times I visit the store in a year.

Whats wrong with spending money at Deere?  I would like to slowly transition the fleet of Allis’s over to Deere’s.  Before corn prices totally fell on their face I was very tempted to turn the 8050 into a 7800.  Turn the mfwd 6080 into a 6400!  The 8760 opened the door for more green.  

Edited to add:   I’m open minded enough to know Agco has good products but so does Deere and CNH along with some of the shoreline guys.  The perfect line of equipment is sorta Calico.  

Must be you don't have to deal with Hutsons up there. Maybe I shouldn't say that since I haven't darkened the doorway of any of those places since way before they took over and I don't know how things are now. Bader owned them all before Hutson, but they drove me right out the door. I was all Deere when we had a local dealer here, right down to my wrist watch and the mud flaps on my truck. After the local dealer closed, it was a pain to have to drive all the way to Portland when it was Litch, but the drive was the only bad part about it. When Bader took over, it was worse than putting my hand on a hot stove. It didn't matter if I went to Portland or St Louis, the attitude was the same. I loved the product, but couldn't take it anymore. The AGCO dealers around here had Bader beat six ways from Sunday, so I went to White. My whole family has deep Oliver roots anyway, so it was kinda like going home. I still don't have anything against the Deere products, but having to deal with DeereMart just ain't ever gonna happen for me again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)