AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wal-Mart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Birddy
Posted 3/9/2024 22:23 (#10659459 - in reply to #10659296)
Subject: RE: and Home Depot

ND

paul the original - 3/9/2024 20:26 Wife feels that way about Walmart. I understand the feeling but not as strongly as she does. On a different note, some of you talked about Home Depot here a few weeks ago……. I used to like Home Depot, decades ago. Since Menards built in my local town I hadn’t been in Home Depot in many years. Stopped in this past month happened to be near it with time to kill. Wow, that same Home Depot I used to enjoy visiting was a dark, dingy, crowded, uncomfortable place! None of the workers were smiling. The merchandise was stored and stacked so high it blocked out the lighting and made the isles shadowy, drab, dull. A very dark and unfriendly look. Everywhere were those little gates to pull across isles to keep people out while they were restocking. There was a lot of extra packaging and inventory setting around blocking isles. Much of the tools and hardware was locked up behind grating. As I remember decades ago, things were organized where I could find my way and find what I was looking for. Now, seemed things were just randomly placed, the saw blades were here, there, and around that corner. Stuff not related to a sea in between. The electrical dept of Home Depot used to be really good decades ago. Now most of it was grated off so I couldn’t really see what I would be buying. And those 2 isles were so full of warehouse boxes I couldn’t really walk through and look at much of the electrical items. Every 5 minutes over the intercom came a message - not advertising, or welcoming, or….. no, it was a warning to be safe and don’t get hurt and stay out of the way! Did not add any to a shopping mood at all! Felt more like, just leave so you aren’t bothering us…. Just seemed like such an unfriendly place. It made me sad. From what I remembered to what it was now. Makes me very thankful to have a Menards in my home town! They aren’t perfect, but the layout and friendly folk are a whole different level than I saw in that dismal Home Depot. Paul

I was in my local Menards this morning, and when I checked out the nice clerk is a lady in her 70's always smiling and very nice.  
The store opens at 6:00 AM and she was there on Saturday, and said some had called in sick so there she is. She said this often happens on the weekend.  She had worked 9.5 hours on Friday.
What is this world coming to.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)