AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stacking another $$ on your cattle land
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

welfarehill
Posted 3/7/2024 08:21 (#10655256 - in reply to #10654450)
Subject: RE: Stacking another $$ on your cattle land

North Central MN
I'm not about to do farm tours and but I do a lease hunting tights. Not with the company that you mentioned but along same lines. I wanted my lease to be bid on. I am able to put a reserve on it every year so it doesn't bring what I want I'll pull it and re-list later.

The guy I work with has done property lease work for 25 years and he's seen everything with hunters. He said there's only been a 1/2 dozen times were he needed to use use liability insurance for injuries.

The majority of damages with renters was various forms of property damage, littering, and breaking contract. Like trying to hide stands and bringing extra people. Also damages to standing crops with trucks and ATVS.

The things that moochers did before without getting paid for it. My lease is set up ala carte. A base lease for exclusive rights for 3 people 3 stands. Ala carte per person beyond that, food plot planting, game cameras (I don't let people put out their own), electrical hookup, RV waste dumping, water access.

All I know it's amazing what people will pay. People travel along ways to hunt. Highly recommend to anybody that get frustrated with hunters.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)