AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So what is everyone choosing Arc or plc?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

gleanerknowsbest
Posted 3/7/2024 07:27 (#10655153 - in reply to #10654214)
Subject: RE: So what is everyone choosing Arc or plc?

guys really need to pay attention to your 156 ez which has your base acres on it because this is how the program pays. If your mostly corn and beans base it’s a little easier decision if not theirs a lot of things you can do. You also got to remember you can choose arc plc based on farm numbers and also crop. Just a crude example I have a farm in Kansas separate farm number from the rest of my farms it 150 acres fully based farm I have 50 acres of corn 50 acres of beans and 50 acres of wheat. I’m planting all corn on this farm so I want my insurance to follow my planted acres not base acres I’m buying 75% insurance then enrolling in plc on the farm and buying sco that gives me an extra 11% coverage from 75 to 86. Then I’m taking those bean base acres on the farm enrolling them into arc county and also the wheat base acres. Why? Because sco isn’t harvest price exclusion like arc county 2 is I want what I’m planting on my farms to be acres I’m getting paid on not 86 % of those 50 base acres of corn. 3 is I have my corn acres fully insured at 86 and off my yields but the tigger is off the county and if the harvest price runs because of some drought or something out of my control and I have high prices and low yields payments will be a really good under sco and maybe non existing under arc. 4 is I get to enroll those soybeans and wheat in the opposite program and I might have sco payments on 150 acres of corn and arc payments on 50 acres of beans and 50 acres of wheat; because it doesn’t matter what you plant on arc and plc programs only pay off base acres. This is how I structure things on this particular farm I’m giving my self a chance at 3 payments but it could be zero payments too. It’s a different view
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)