AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CattleMaxx
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/4/2024 22:48 (#10651865 - in reply to #10651795)
Subject: RE: CattleMaxx

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Puff, I'm like you KISS system is my goto. Preg check in fall, opens go to town. Calve cows in spring. Brand calves in spring, any open or drys in spring evaluation of them to sell then or keep for rebreed in May. Come fall again opens gone to town. Just keep head counts in my Redbook or other notebook. I see a poor calf trailing to weaning pen or during trailing in summer. Take note of cow, sell in fall. I've went high tech the last few years and buy Write in Rain pen and notebook. For head count at chute side during preg check. I use slashes, 4 slashes, one diagonal across them to keep head count in fives. Easy to total. Opens get marked in book with a 0, can use a slash on them as well.

My son is going to be testing a new software for cattle records here this month for a company delvoping one right now. Should be able to tie vet record for clinic, apps. for our phones. Can't name the name of it, I didn't ask. Said he was going to use it first on when testing our bulls in a couple of weeks.

He mentioned he didn't like CattleMaxx, said a few choice works about it. I told him I'm still keeping my paper records in my pocket notebook. He wants us to use this system for testing at calving. Told him they should have gotten it to us 4 weeks ago.

My sons will be going to some type of software, it will have phone based apps I'm sure. Me just give me head counts, for my book. Always worked for my banker and myself. Any question my banker and range con saddles up and counts with me. How many of you have a banker if asked would bring her horse and ride out to look at cows?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)