AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CattleMaxx
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 3/4/2024 17:52 (#10651477 - in reply to #10651467)
Subject: RE: CattleMaxx

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Tomcat - 3/4/2024 17:44

Is the CattleMaxx software worth $100 a year?  Wife supposedly has this info buried in a spreadsheet somewhere but when I ask when did this cow or that cow calf last I get a I don’t know( her solution is taking a picture of the cow and calf together hopefully catching both ear tags). My pet peeve is cows that don’t carry their weight.   I want something on my IPhone that when I cow calves I can record on my own.  I’m very far from anti apps just not handy with the phone.  Everything is bull breed and he refuses to turn over his black book so no info on breeding dates. 

Yes! It will more than pay for itself in many ways such as identifying a cow that did not calve, keeping track of a cow's offspring and avg days to breed back, etc etc. I've used it for over 10 years and feel it is well worth the cost. You can enter data and pictures from your phone (such as when finding a new calf and dam in the field) in the field or on your desktop. Keeping track of pastures and who is where is a big help. Also keeping track of who has had what shots and when. And who is a keeper and who is on the next trailer to the sale barn. Places to put in and compare what fertilizer was applied and hay removed from fields. Also has a good rainfall recorder with graphs and comparison to prior years.

It is much better than any  home made spreadsheet. These people at Cattlemax know what they're doing.

Edited by Jim 3/4/2024 17:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)