AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pretty Simple Economics with $4 corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bdkalt
Posted 2/18/2024 21:45 (#10629680 - in reply to #10629543)
Subject: RE: Pretty Simple Economics with $4 corn

sd
I get what your saying. Was your trouble fields by chance prevent plant from last year? Bifenthrin put on with a dosatron? If rootworm is your trouble and grass not a concern why not use a more expensive insecticide? Or were you planting double pros already? I’m just curious when I hear guys say rootworm is their number one concern, use a high dollar insecticide, try to control them the year before or if extenddd diapause, 2 years prior. Spending 20-25 on high dollar insecticide is still better than paying $60 an acre for traits, if you don’t need the roundup trait.

I’m going to be looking hard at developing a plan on controlling them in beans if they are laying eggs in the beans. Or possibly spraying them at tassle 2 years prior. We produce a commodity and the ones that can do it the cheapest and most efficiently will keep on moving foward I feel. The key is to know when to cut and when pay for things that will give a return. Bins, working on and maintaining pre def equipment top notch, having extras of most equipment, non traited corn, buying chemical right, spraying, and developing a marketing plan for any given situation have been some of mine.

Edited by bdkalt 2/18/2024 21:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)