AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Farmspec
Posted 2/17/2024 21:36 (#10628044 - in reply to #10627976)
Subject: RE: Soybeans

SE Arkansas
I would start selling some. Our Coop has ordered 150,000 wraps. Our manager knows his business. He’s talked to every farmer. This would be a record by 20,000 bales. And we’ve had a short crop in Texas for 4 straight years. What happens if they make a crop. Our manager also told me that they have been shipping non stop since last years crop came in. So that’s encouraging. Just think you need to lock in profits wherever you can these days. Rice Market is also strong. Farmers around here got a little complacent about their Corn and Soybeans. Still some Old Crop around which is unusual down here, but probably less than 20 percent of New Crop booked on Corn and Beans. Some haven’t booked a bushel. Talked to a Large End User about a month ago that had booked a years worth of Feed. That made me feel real Bearish. BTW, our Coop is a money machine. Rebate on average yield last year was $180 an acre. That will be down this year because of lower storage charges and cotton seed prices. Higher volume will help some.

Edited by Farmspec 2/17/2024 21:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)