AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Truck scales
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 1/19/2024 07:57 (#10581927 - in reply to #10581558)
Subject: RE: Truck scales

NEMO
I used Accurate Superior Scales out of St. Louis back in 2016. I researched and shopped around for what I felt like was the best deal.

So we put in a 11X70 Avery Weigh-Tronix above ground scale. I thought I had pictures on my phone but can't find them. I had also posted to NAT at the time but I can't find the old posts.

So off of memory it cost around $50 - 55k. Seems like we spent $14,000 on the concrete (we did ourselves) and $35-37,000 on the scale and scale head.

We roll onto the scale and push a button on a pole at the drivers door. The printer inside the scale house prints the inbound weight. Unload the semi then back up and hit the button again and the printer prints again with a Gross, Tare, Net. We have an outside screen with the weight and a green/red light to known when it's printed.

For today's pots it's not long enough. But we put it in at a bin site for grain hoppers. I have the scale certified legal for trade every year with the State of Missouri for I think $100. The weights and measures guy ended up certifying our moisture tester also while he is there for another $100.

(IMG_20240119_074035 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20240119_074035 (full).jpg (54KB - 34 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)