AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

for the northern sheep guys - - - re: waterers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

WCWI
Posted 1/23/2024 22:20 (#10590389 - in reply to #10583853)
Subject: RE: for the northern sheep guys - - - re: waterers

bordercolliie1 - 1/20/2024 09:54

I just run Ritchie omni with a concrete block at the base. Lambs a week or 2 old can get up there and the waterer even is up on a 2~” base. The yard was set up for cattle. We have a few cobetts just because I have no electricity some places. The ice can get thick on them. I think it could use a little more wind break tho. Do not think that doughnut heater will work for you. It has got to be elements on steel like a Ritchie. I tell guys there is no such a thing as energy free waterers. It’s either electric energy or your energy. the only (low) maintenance waterer is a Ritchie. You will still be out there changing elements once in a while. Cobett you have to check at least once a day and break ice. But the Cobett are the best in energy free because when they freeze they aren’t a 50 gal block of ice.

R
Full Disclosure:I am a dealer: Jug is very low maintenance, but I agree with your statement that there is no such thing as energy free when you get below zero, may not take much electricity but it does take a little. My experience with the donuts are they are good for 2 years...maybe, at least in our water.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)