AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Integra used to track 28% application????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/2/2024 15:41 (#10554134 - in reply to #10554077)
Subject: RE: AgLeader Integra used to track 28% application????

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I had one done a few years back. Cured the pain but I still have problems going down stairs or getting up off a creeper etc. Too old, I guess.

What model is the Raven controller that came with the 28% applicator? Many of them would have their own ability to map so it may not be necessary to use the Ag Leader for mapping.

If you do have the Ag Leader Application Rate module, it can be used different ways. 1) create a coverage map that starts/stops based on an implement switch. An implement switch would be used to inform the system when it is in the raised or lowered position. This would just be a coverage map and would not show the applied rate. 2) use another branch off of the Application Rate module and connect it to a standalone flow meter. This is what I do with our ground driven starter fertilizer pump on our planter. A coverage and rate map are created based on the flowmeter. With this arrangement, the entire rig (applicator, sprayer, planter etc.) is considered one section as there is no way to work with sections. We use this to fine tune the stroke setting and thus the rate of our starter fertilizer.

In other cases (maybe yours) where another system is controlling the rate, it is possible to have a Tee wiring harness connected to the flow meter. One branch leads to the Raven as before and another branch leads to the Ag Leader Application module. Then the Raven would get the flow information and control the rate and sections as before but the Ag Leader Application Rate module would also get this information so it can calculate the rate on its own and make coverage and rate applied maps. No implement switch is needed with this arrangement as the maps start/stop based on activity from the flow meter.

If the applicator is in sections and there are places where some of the sections are ON and others are OFF, the coverage map would show an overlap. The Ag Leader Applied Rate map would show a lower applied rate in those areas since it is assuming full width. Generally this is not really a problem as long as you understand the situation. These maps would be completely correct for the majority of the field and could still be very handy to confirm where you have applied.

Another completely different arrangement would be to remove the Raven system that came with the new 28% bar but leave, the flow meter, control valve and any sections valves on the applicator. Then get Ag Leader modules which could control the 28%. One route would be to get an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control Module for the bar and a switch box/module for the tractor. Then the entire 28% application would be done with the Integra. You would create a configuration and the screen layout and operation would be very familiar to you. You would use the same fields, etc. that you use while planting and harvesting. These modules could also be moved to a sprayer if you wish.

Give me a call if you wish to discuss this further: Five-Zero-Seven Five-Two-Five, Zero-Zero-Six-Six.

Edited by tedbear 1/3/2024 09:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)