AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mapping boundaries with Agleader 6500 and Incommand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

trapperjon
Posted 12/30/2023 09:10 (#10548552 - in reply to #10548483)
Subject: RE: Mapping boundaries with Agleader 6500 and Incommand

east central iowa
So did you put the offset in each time you made a boundary line or did you just tell the monitor it was 10 feet left of center and then change it back when done?. Also did you or not tell the monitor the the GPS was forward where the front dual line is. If its on the roof and you don't do this you won't have it correct when coming into a corner with a fence in front of you.

I like the idea of using the tractor because its slower and have heat. I have used a atv and its fast but I sometimes wonder about the accuracy when driving faster.

So with the new right spot sprayer individual nozzle systems coming its super important that the line is marked perfectly so that when you drive to wide that you don't kill the good grass like in a road ditch or a house yard or a waterway.

So how do you guys do inner boundaries such as a waterway. Do you do outer boundary first then come back and do waterways and
terraces. Or do you try to incorporate them into to outer boundary if possible.

One thing is when doing a inner boundary it can't cross a outer boundary. So then at the bottom or lower end of the waterway you will have I little strip where planter or sprayer will turn on. I just wish it could start and end on the outer boundary line.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)