AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mapping boundaries with Agleader 6500 and Incommand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 12/30/2023 08:27 (#10548503 - in reply to #10548483)
Subject: RE: Mapping boundaries with Agleader 6500 and Incommand

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

tedbear - 12/30/2023 08:13 I did essentially what is described above. I did this with my planting tractor without an implement since my InCommand 1200, GPS 7500 with Terra Star Pro C unlocked and subscribed is in the tractor. In the past I have temporarily installed an Ag Leader display to map tile lines etc. but in all honesty it is just easier to use the tractor. Since my planting tractor has front duals I just eyeballed driving around the field based on the the outer edge of the left front dual. Since the distance from the outer edge of the left front dual is 10' from the center of the tractor, I temporarily entered in a 10' offset in the GPS setting. That meant that the boundary was shifted 10' from the center of the tractor but the tractor was 10' inside the field meaning the two distances cancel each other so the Boundary came out on the property lines. I drove each field in a clockwise fashion as viewed from above to maintain the correct offset.

I did the same type of offset(when making boundaries), with my JD8410 MFWD set for 38" rows and outside of front Right MFWD tire, was very close to 4 feet. Note: My GPS globe is on top of cab and front of cab.

I drove CCW for everything =  On the Right side, I had for my bracket and horizontal fiberglass ATV whip, for judging distance to perimeter cattle fences

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)