AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Too far from RTK base
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 12/27/2023 03:49 (#10543201 - in reply to #10542908)
Subject: RE: Too far from RTK base

East Central, Nebraska
updating receivers to go to SF3 is going backwards from rtk. what you have should go to RTK Extend after it loses RTK which essentially is SF3/SF2. is it possible this is not turned on or does it go there for a while then time out? a neat trick i witnessed a dealer do once when i was dealing with rtk on a daily basis is go in and shut off the customers rtk-x so it would fail if their was a hiccup in the rtk communication, then they call mad and boom you have a new SF3 customer.

using SF1 on that farm is the easy button but sounds like your just slightly out of radio range. setting up a base would work and work well but if you want the accuracy to be repeatable it isn't as quite as easy as dropping a base on the ground when you pull into the field. any way you choose sounds like you have the equipment you need to accomplish what you want. all depends how simple you want it to be, either way upgrading to a 6000/7000 is not necessarily a progressive step.

if i had to pick an option, i would try to find a better antenna maybe, and make sure your backup is turned on. If my memory serves me correctly the backup only lasts for 15-20 minutes on the 3000s so that is not a very good solution if the rtk doesnt come back at some point.

if you want to get to the root of the problem, your dealers network doesn't have sufficient coverage so its kind of their problem if your paying them and would also be my rebuddle when talking about options. often times that is what it takes to move to a rtk network with sufficient coverage. in reality they could put up a repeater and solve all your problems.

Edited by caseihfarmer 12/27/2023 03:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)