AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raspberry pi controlling relay board
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/13/2023 06:58 (#10522286 - in reply to #10522139)
Subject: RE: Raspberry pi controlling relay board

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
AinIndiana - 12/12/2023 23:37

Just an update. He has it working. He used a breadboard and some transistors like in one of the links you guys posted. Thanks so much for the help. I am learning as much as he is. When he is done he should have talking Christmas tree decorations. I will post a picture. Thanks

Yes, please post a link to a video if possible. The transistor approach on a breadboard is probably equivalent to the Darlington array IC that I used for a project. Sounds like he is making great progress on his electronic journey.

I have been fooling around with microcontrollers the last couple of Winters as a hobby. A couple of the projects have actually been useful. Others are more of a novelty. Anyway, it is a fairly cheap hobby with the availability of the components from Chinese sources although the quality and shipping time is not always the greatest.

I find that some of the YouTube videos are helpful, others not so much. It is difficult to understand some of the videos due to the langurage barrier since English is not the presenter's native language. Crying babies or barking dogs in the background don't help the situation.

I would suggest checking out the Dronebot Workshop online. The host is Bill and he does an excellent job of explaining things dealing with a wide range of projects using Arduino, ESP 32 and Pi devices. Bill is from Canada and speaks the Good King's English which is more correct than my Midwest Slang.

https://dronebotworkshop.com/

Edited by tedbear 12/13/2023 07:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)