AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nitrogen options other than anhydrous
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

S. Mahoney
Posted 12/7/2023 08:40 (#10513811 - in reply to #10512937)
Subject: RE: Nitrogen options other than anhydrous

Northern IN
I spoke to a guy a few years ago who was growing no till 15” corn. I believe he said he was side dressing UAN with a coulter injection rig run perpendicular to the rows to avoid the chance taking out an entire row or rows. He either had a tractor mounted applicator or had the tractor and applicator set to run in the same tracks.

On my farm my nitrogen use efficiency went up when I went from all pre plant anhydrous to split applications of UAN with the planter and side dress. I’m not a fan of putting N on top, especially in no till. My corn is still on 30s but if I decided to go narrow I’d try to figure out a way to continue with a split nitrogen program while still putting it in the ground.

If you do want to continue with NH3 there are low disturbance coulter units out there that would probably work on 15” without messing up your residue. If you had RTK you could probably get away with 30 inch on your applicator. That could be the same or even less than buying extra units to go to 15 inch spacing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)