AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combining Finances
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

AVP_Matt
Posted 12/6/2023 10:16 (#10512518 - in reply to #10512496)
Subject: RE: Combining Finances

Hennepin, IL
Leave the farm account separate like any business account. Maybe put her on the account as well so she could pay farm bills or whatever. I'd leave that up to her. Depending on laws in Ontario, she may be legally obligated to that account whether her name is on it or not. I'd probably find that out just to know. From there I'd just take one or the other personal account and put both your names on it and be done. My wife and I each have our own personal accounts and I have a farm account and honestly it would be simpler to have just 1 personal account for both of us and the 1 farm account. On top of less checkbooks to keep track of, it would force me to actually track what money goes into the farm account from the personal account. I get sloppy about paying some things out of this one and some things out of that one, whichever is more convenient at the time. It doesn't help my 2 accounts are at different banks. It does all get rectified at tax time, it's just sloppy and I fully admit it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)