AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Concerned city friend thinks I’m going to die from farm chemicals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 11/24/2023 23:43 (#10495813 - in reply to #10495136)
Subject: RE: Concerned city friend thinks I’m going to die from farm chemicals

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
Green Acres Guy - 11/24/2023 11:45

I am attaching some lab results from oats grown on our farm along with 2 samples (blacked out for confidentiality) of oatmeal from 2 major brands of oats. My oats are grown chemical free and non desiccated. I do spray glyphosate on my farm in years that are not food crops and I have been and continue to work with glyphosate every year.

The test results speak for themselves and I did dump out my oatmeal from on of the majors after getting them back. Results like these are a big part of why I am working to develop and mill a clean conventional oat product with domestically sourced oats. I like Canadians, just different food safety rules there.

I realize this is not necessarily a popular opinion with some farmers. I personally don't know what levels of chemical exposures will harm someone but if given the choice to eat/drink glyphosate or not I will choose not to...

Do I think you are sick from this. No. Do I think there is room for improvement. Yes.

Summary is
Plagge Farms Oats- 17 ng/g
Major- 848 ng/g 100% Canadian oats where they can be desiccated
Major-274 ng/g Blend of US and Canadian

EPA recommends 122 max per day.

Edit to add pic of results

122mg. Way, WAY more than 848ng.

The new mill deal might work out as long as your customers are as innumerate as you are.

Edited by Big Ben 11/24/2023 23:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)