AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Depressing times
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BryceH
Posted 10/24/2023 22:05 (#10454736 - in reply to #10454485)
Subject: RE: Depressing times

Nunn CO
I think the media is spinning your perception of true reality, especially with how available info is these days it can be made to look worse.

In my mind how much better could times really get? Pretty much everyone I know owns (or is at least paying off) a house and that house is fully heated and cooled year round, husband and wife both own cars, have a retirement account started on some level, have kids that can attend a school of some sort, their lives are lousy with day to day goods wether it be food, cloths, entreatment via TV and internet, etc. Most people I know that don't farm go on some type of vacation once a years. What more do you want?

In the scope of the last 100 years war deaths are way low. Its estimated that roughly a million people have died over the last 20 years due to the war on terror. When you compared those to WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Korean thats a pretty low number and over a much longer time to-boot.

I agree flood and drought isn't ideal but when you look at our national corn and wheat Bu produced we really are not that high or low over a long term average.

I think you have the right idea, drink a beer, enjoy your night. Life is good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)