AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Driving in France
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

thinkstoomuch
Posted 10/19/2023 13:39 (#10447727 - in reply to #10447702)
Subject: RE: Driving in France

Kettle Moraine, WI
Mrs B - 10/19/2023 13:10

Using Google maps on my iPad several years ago, we had to get a different SIM card to have internet connectivity in Europe. Our nephew handled all the sourcing and procuring of this SIM card, so I don't have details, just remember that was the deal at that point. YMMV

---------

+1 on local sim card. Using US carrier international plan is generally very expensive data and calls if service available. To be able to buy a local SIM card, you need to have an unlocked device (carriers will lock the phones bought through them to prevent using on other carriers and will be reluctant to unlock "their" phone unless paid off or end of plan term.) If desire to set service up that will work there I have good things about Google Fi plans and good western European coverage. Airport sim cards can be good value for unlocked phones if you will use current carrier there contact then if usable and they may need to add countries of use to your plan.

And start a Google Voice plan so you can use phone calls over wifi with low or free calls and texts. Some European cities have city wifi publicly available in city centers. That is a balance if you use current plan for emergency calls only.

Bonus of being in Europe, nobody from US calls before 2pm there (7am CST here)

Edited by thinkstoomuch 10/19/2023 13:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)