AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Driving in France
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

thinkstoomuch
Posted 10/19/2023 08:07 (#10447317 - in reply to #10447231)
Subject: RE: Driving in France

Kettle Moraine, WI
I_am_Ironfan - 10/19/2023 07:24

Looks like we will be renting a car for a few days of motoring to our desired destinations. The Googling I've done says France is a fairly easy country for Americans to drive. Anyone here have any experience on the French motorways? All feedback appreciated.

French roadways are great. French drivers, well I will allow you to reach your own conclusions.

Understand round a bouts before you get there and their rules. Have a good driving maps app going like Google maps. Embrace the adventure. Beware modern roadways may require one car to pull off to allow another car to proceed (even on roads you think are main thoroughfares). I have seen a car have to back up on a 2 lane road so a bus can get by and this is just normal to both drivers. Stay sober, you will need all your mental power driving. Few straight roads. Lots of small SUVs. Parking may be challenging often.

Learn a little French -yes no please thank you, where is the bathroom. je ne sais pas.

Most French know English but dislike speaking it so don't speak badly near them as they will understand. And if they switch to English mid conversation, you will be confused by English for a minute.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)