AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Computer linked to Data projector
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 7/17/2023 00:03 (#10319601)
Subject: Computer linked to Data projector

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

G'day from Australia.

Our church gets a fortnightly service from further up in our organisation. It comes as a printable service, with Power point slides for hymns, Bible readings and prayers.  Other weeks we run our own show.

The sermon is recorded on You tube, so at the appropriate time, the P/Point is closed, and the 'ready to go' You tube clicked on.

I am usually the computer operator, but could not be there yesterday, so on Saturday I ran another guy through the process - even made notes for each step!

Sunday evening I heard from some one who was there, that the sound worked, but they had no picture [this is for the You tube]. i.e they heard the sermon, but could not see the man presenting it - just a black screen.

The computer runs on Win 10, and in settings I know there is a section to do with linking to data projectors. The setting I had it on before I worked through it all was 'duplicate screen'. This did as it should on the 'run through' - showed the You tube after the P/Point had shut down. Then easy to revert to P/Point to conclude the set service.

I went to check what might have happened today [Monday], brought up the You tube, and shrunk it to the appropriate Microsoft Edge icon along the bottom of the computer screen. Started the Power point and ran through a few slides - all good. Hit 'end slide show', and clicked the M/S Edge icon.   You tube on computer screen, but NOT through the data projector.  [Accounts for "could hear, but not see!" report]

Went into settings, and the 'duplicate screen' setting had shifted to 'extend screen' !  And my knowledge of Power Point is that it seems to 'take over' settings so only P/Point extends.

I'm no computer 'nerd' but it seems to me that on the run through - it held the 'duplicate screen'  setting, but reverted to 'extend screen' when the computer was turned off.

?  Would this be correct?

Is there any setting that could be 'set' to stop this happening?

One other time [before service start time] I found that the You tube would not project, and had time to go into Settings and change it.  [Thought at that time that someone else might have altered the setting for whatever reason!]

My faith in NAT is that someone can help!  Thanks in advance.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)