AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stem Cells - Umbilical Cord
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 7/16/2023 20:14 (#10319313 - in reply to #10319099)
Subject: RE: Stem Cells - Umbilical Cord

Embarrass WI
My girlfriend's brother has ALS, he went to a place in Illinois for stem cell treatment a couple months ago. As I understand it, the procedure is FDA approved, but his insurance wouldn't cover it(still experimental, maybe?). He thought that the treatment had some benefit and plans to go for another one when he's eligible again. It took a couple days, one day they took his own stem cells out of him, then the next day(or maybe the day after-I don't recall for sure)they put them back in.

His followup treatment includes hyperbaric oxygen treatments 3x/week.

I only see him occasionally, it appears to me that his ALS progression has slowed significantly compared to the 2 other people I knew that died from the disease. Not stopped, but it appears to me that he is going to stretch the time from diagnosis to death. Everybody is an individual, so I have no way of knowing if it's his personal body or the treatments but the other people I knew personally with ALS had 15-18 months from diagnosis to death. He's a couple years in already and can still walk/talk/drive. His right hand is nearly useless, he has learned to do a lot with his left hand.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)