AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone have the loving experience of kidney stones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 7/7/2023 13:32 (#10305516 - in reply to #10302192)
Subject: RE: chanka piedra

Yes, not something a person wants to go through again.

The first time for me was during harvest - too busy to think about drinking water regularly. My wife got me into the hospital, but the nurse seemed in no hurry to get paperwork done. It was a wet day, and the floor and rug was pretty dirty, but I just laid down on that rug right in front of her desk and doubled over in pain. She then, of course, got very excited and said - YOU CAN"T LAY THERE!. I replied that she had better find a bed for me then,. She did.

The last time I had a stone show up was interesting. My wife and I were tent camping 250 miles out by float plane in the Canadian arctic. I woke up about 2 am and knew exactly what it was. We had a satellite device that we could text a message with, but the ceiling was right down on the water - so a plane might fly out, but it could never land. I had aspirin along. Well, we finally got flown out to Ft. Smith, NWT, and I got IV's and pain killers, but the stone would not pass. So, they filled me with pain meds and gave me a bottle of more meds, and we started down the highway pulling the travel trailer. In Montana, I changed a flat tire on the trailer in 104 degree heat. That 2000 miles was the longest trip I ever experienced,. To say that I was a bit wrung-out when we got home doesn't really cover it.

I'm in BC in our trailer right now - still addicted to swinging my flies for steelhead,. This reminds me - I need to drink another glass of water! (g)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)