AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mr, Burns, Low Carb Cruise?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/15/2023 15:50 (#10272252 - in reply to #10272172)
Subject: RE: Mr, Burns, Low Carb Cruise?

Pittsburg, Kansas

I had never been to any low carb functions till this cruise. Probably would not have been on it but another couple we know in Bonaire went on the one last year and spoke highly of it. They were hoping to go this year too but could not make it. They may next year. 

On the other hand my wife went to the one in Omaha last year and took her older sister to it with her.  Like some women do my SIL has struggled to lose weight on low carb near carnivore for a couple years now. She feels so much better otherwise she is not going back to her old way of eating. But the weight just does not come off. My wife and I suspicion is the tremendous stress she has been under is the culprit, but stress is a whole nuther subject. But my wife was impressed with the meeting in Omaha.

All of the speakers at the low carb cruise were very approachable and friendly. I talked to Dr Ken Berry for a few minutes but tried not to bother him unnecessarily. The guy is just sooooo popular he always has people asking him questions or conversing with him. I felt a little sorry for him but I think he really likes the interaction. He didn't seem to mind a bit. Had this two kids and wife (who also spoke) with him and at one point had the older kid on the floor in the back of the room playing with him in one of the breakouts. I think they had another woman traveling with them to take care of the kids while the two of them had obligations speaking, etc.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)