AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mr, Burns, Low Carb Cruise?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/15/2023 11:21 (#10271902 - in reply to #10271504)
Subject: RE: Mr, Burns, Low Carb Cruise?

Pittsburg, Kansas

Next years has already been announced and wife and I are planning on attending. So I guess that says we enjoyed it, LOL. From my personal perspective it was a very positive event and I told my wife I would be ok one way or the other if we went on another. We got lots of places to go and things to do so we have to decide which is more important in that respect. I left it up to her and she was of the same mindset. But in the end we decided the cruise price was completely reasonable and we liked the people in the sessions so in the end decided to go on another.

As far as what we learned I would say we could learn and have learned about everything we could just by watching all the Youtube videos of the presenters which of the ones we like we have. So did we learn anything new? Probably not. Someone not as engrossed in the subject as we have been the last four and a half years might though. 

One of the main sponsors is supposed to put all the session recordings up on Youtube. I will link them when I find them. The main speakers I was familiar with previously were Dr Ken Berry, Dr Eric Westman and Amber O'Hern. Some of the other like Two Crazy Ketos I had herd of and listened to a few videos but was not as familiar with. Turned out they were a very friendly, cool and pleasant couple. Sweet and humanly likable as they could be. Oh, also Dr Boz. We followed her quite a bit early on but not much lately. She is a little more strict and "paint by numbers" than what we like so we just don't watch many of her videos any more. But she has some good stuff and a message that falls in line with most of our way of thinking.

Here is just a search on Youtube on what comes up right now. I would expect more to be posted within the next week.  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=low+carb+cruise+2023

Here is the information about the 2024 cruise. Debbie is great to work with and works her butt off to make things work right. She did a great job as far as we are concerned. Not much higher price for the cruise for a couple than staying at a nice hotel and all the food and other stuff included thrown in. Email Debbie for pricing.
https://lowcarbcruise.com/

More on the cruise. Out of the week we had three days "at sea". Each of these three days were jam packed with speakers which our group had our own seperate meeting room for the week. They started out at about 8am, broke for lunch, then presenters again till about 3pm. A person could attend none or all at their discretion. There were 350 people total on the low carb cruise group out of a cruise population of around 5,000. On a couple other nights that were "in port" days there were Q&A sessions at 8pm that lasted an hour or two that gave time for questions to the presenters. That is where I ask Westman about my fasting blood sugar level. Westman is a neat guy. Very down home. Yet I found it interesting that on the last night bash where we had music and a dance, he was out on the dance floor the entire time! Amber O'Hern was another that never missed a dance, and she is a shy person! Or at least seemed that way until the dance. She is working every time we seen her.

A person could get engaged as much or as little as they like. We attended every session but did not get involved much other than the one question I asked. Like I said before, our immersion in the subject of low carb has been so intense over the last several years that we had heard most of it before. That said, my wife did volunteer as a volunteer and helped out with one session. Of course she did. She is a people person. I tend to be more anti-social, LOL

Enough for one post. If you have more questions I would be happy to answer them. Overall it was a good experience. Good cruise line, good group to associate with, good food and easily was able to eat low carb all week. Ok,,,,,,,,,,, we slipped up a couple times.

Edited by John Burns 6/15/2023 11:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)