AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble auto pilot engagement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/24/2023 07:23 (#10241437 - in reply to #10241376)
Subject: RE: Trimble auto pilot engagement

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've been using an older CFX-750 with a Nav II in my old STX-450. This is with a 50' field cultivator so my turns are not very tight. Engaging auto steer works fine about 99% of the time but occasionally fails to engage and remain engaged. Due to the nature of the articulated tractor, I do find that I need to be reasonably inline with the return path before engaging. I'm not certain what is happening that 1% of the time when I hear the engagement beep and then quickly hear the beep again when it disengages. It doesn't happen much so I just live with it.

With my MFWD tractors I can engage about anywhere remotely close to the line and the front wheels "snap" to the correct position and the system remains engaged. With the Quad, if I engage a fair distance off the return path, the steering may need to go to an extreme and then come back. This oscillation causes it to disengage at times. The answer for that is simple, I don't engage unless I am reasonably close to the return pass.

You probably realize this but engagement takes place after you hold the engage button and then release it. If you hold the button in and continue to hold it in, it doesn't engage until you release the button. This means if you just click the button very quickly, it won't engage. It needs to be pushed in and held a bit before releasing. Many other brands engage right away when the button is pushed.

Edited by tedbear 5/24/2023 07:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)