AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

seeking some advise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Up Nort
Posted 4/26/2023 22:34 (#10204891 - in reply to #10204554)
Subject: RE: seeking some advise

We took some advice from AgTalk a couple years ago- Buy an IH Cyclo planter. They are dirt cheap, and do a decent job of planting corn. We are in a similar 100 to 200 acres of corn realm. My brother actually bought a second Cyclo because it was in good shape and cheap.

Wheat goes with the 60' hoe drill air seeder, and the beans go in with a 1990 CCS air seeder (on 15" rows, single rank Soybean Special). If we have warm weather and good moisture, the 60' air seeder also does a nice job on the beans. I keep telling my brother that he is going to get burned by some dry hot weather some day, but so long as you don't use the hoe drill in dry dirt with the beans, you will probably be ok. With your number of acres, I would looks for a decent double rank 1990CCS (or similar). That would do a good job on wheat and beans. Not familiar with milo.

We used to plant wheat and beans with press wheel drills. I was really glad to see them go down the road when we moved to bigger equipment. They are a pain to keep filled and to transport.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)