AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sudden divorces....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 4/29/2023 08:36 (#10208083 - in reply to #10198169)
Subject: RE: Sudden divorces....

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS
A good marriage, like anything else that is worthwhile, requires some hard work. Some say a marriage is a 50/50 proposition. That is patently wrong. Some days one must give 100%. Other days the other gives 100%. For a marriage to “work” both have to want it to work. When a couple comes to me and asks me to marry them I only do so after they have gone through a series of compatibility exercises, for lack of a better term. It’s not fool proof but it does move the odds in their favor. One problem is that people confuse love with lust. Lust doesn’t last. Many also think love is a feeling. While that is true to a certain extent, love is mostly a verb. It’s not what you feel so much as it is what you do. I can love my enemy without liking him. Yes, there are evil, toxic people in this world and sometimes they trick people into marrying them. However, a longer courtship and the discovery of common interests and beliefs can strengthen a relationship. I ask every couple I marry to promise me that, if they decide divorce is an option, they will come to me or a good counselor first. It doesn’t save all of them but it does save some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)