AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for stx325 engine (qsl9 caps pump)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Pat H
Posted 4/20/2023 18:51 (#10195202)
Subject: Looking for stx325 engine (qsl9 caps pump)

I checked the places suggested in the N14 post below and aldemans just has the HPCR version of the 8.9. I'd love to convert over to that but the body side connector on the ecm probably isn't the same between the caps vs hpcr.

I have a bad cam and I think it's been bad for a while so I'm considering buying a rebuilt long block. It should be faster than doing a rebuild on my motor and I won't have to deal with possible extra machine work due the bad cam. This motor has been a pouch since we bought the tractor, and, as much as I enjoy fixing things, I think I'd rather start with a rebuilt done by folks that do it all the time.

Are there long block rebuilders that you guys prefer? From the few calls I've made, it looks like I can pay $10k or $15K, but I don't know that there is a difference except for price.

I love to find a drop in engine from another tractor, but no luck so far. I've considered "runners" but a lot of these come from city buses. My son used to drive one and he suggested if the bus company got rid of it, it probably had issues (but had good maintenance up to that point). I've found motors from construction equipment in the past, but I don't think this motor was popular in construction. I could be wrong

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)