AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for stx325 engine (qsl9 caps pump)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Pat H
Posted 4/26/2023 09:44 (#10203959 - in reply to #10199713)
Subject: RE: Looking for stx325 engine (qsl9 caps pump)

Thanks for the info. For some reason the post you made recently isn't showing up on the forum, but I can read it in the email from agtalk.

At this point we are pulling the engine and removing what we need to go on a 2004 hpcr motor (CM850 ecm). I'm pretty sure the wiring to the ecm is pretty straight forward and a fellow agtalker has graciously offered a stx335 harness and ecm to try out. I plan to adapt my harness to the ecm oem side harness. The stx330 has very few tractor to ecm connections - just J1939 (moved from the engine side connector with caps to the oem side connector on hpcr) and the grid heater signal. I plan to get it running with the ecm it comes with then try the stx335 ecm. The engine I'm getting has a power range of 330 to 410hp so maybe it works as is or with the stx ecm or I could have the ecm flashed to the latest firmware by cummins or someone that does that stuff.

On the caps motor. The engine supplier told me to forfeit the core charge because shipping to Florida is about the same money as the charge. I'm debating about rebuilding it or selling it as a complete core. It still will run so my hope would be that it needs an engine kit and machine work (cam bearings, valve job). You pointed out the cam isn't to expensive but the lifters are - I could have more in the cam/lifters than an engine kit. However, it might be a straight forward job, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to pass it on to someone else.

thank you
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)